Tuesday 8 June 2010

Our 'nunu' is nunutty!

Baby O is 3 and a half months old, and despite being an extremely well behaved baby (I'm very lucky!) is still a major distraction when it comes to running a business! So on the recommendation of my friend Katie, we hired a Nanny, or 'nunu' as they call them here in France.

Betty truly is a sight to behold - a bosomy matronly looking woman with designer specs, she wafts in to the house in a cloud of perfume with 'bisous' (kisses) all round.

She talks incessantly to Baby O for the whole 3 hours she is here, 2 days a week. Unless of course, O decides she'll selpp for the 3 hours, in which case Betty wafts around my house putting things in places where I can't find them later.

She speaks in a very high pitched voice, and so fast that I frequently can't understand her, and when I make attempts at speaking to her in my faltering French she just smiles benevolently and pretends she knows what I'm saying.

She arrives on her bike with a variety of pressies for me - a jar of rhubarb jam, the odd smelly candle, some fresh mint from the garden - and offers me the occasional face massage - mad as a box of frogs, but O loves her, and we love her too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.